Wednesday, October 24, 2018

You're invited to see your investment in action!

Did you know that a team of Berkshire United Way staff, board members, and community volunteers visit every program we fund, each year, to observe that program in action?  These monitoring visits help ensure our donors’ gifts are making a real impact! Those who participate find the experience incredibly rewarding as reflected in the stories below.

“I think I have been doing monitoring visits for about 10 years.  I love getting to see all the wonderful local programs Berkshire United Way partners with. Seeing the passion the program staff and volunteers have for what they do and their commitment is amazing.  I also review Requests for Proposal (RFPs), so it is great for me to read about the programs early on and then see them in action.  Every time I visit I get emotional about the stories they share.  Sometimes it's hard to leave them!” 
 - Jaime Campbell, Financial Analyst, Controller's Office, Williams College

“I have been monitoring human services programs in Pittsfield since 2013. It has been valuable for me to partner with Berkshire United Way on the programs that are also City funded, and collaborate on the expectations, results and goals for these programs.  I am always amazed at the good work being done in Pittsfield, every day. I have found that everyone doing this work is passionate about what they do and about how to make Pittsfield a thriving community. I am always in awe of the stories staff members share about the progress they make and the impact their services have on people’s lives. Site visits bring the program and services to life for me and I am able to bring that information back to our Human Service Advisory Council, the 11-member board that reviews City proposals. Berkshire United Way has always had a staff member on this Council, this partnership means that common funders can work together for agencies’ benefit.” 
- Justine Dodds, Program Manager, Community Development, City of Pittsfield

Local students were observed during a recent monitoring visit at The Mastheads. The Mastheads Fireside Poets program is funded by Berkshire United Way.  
These are just two stories from monitoring visit volunteers. There are many more like them and we couldn’t do this work without community members like you! If you’d like to participate in upcoming monitoring visits, or learn more about what’s involved, please contact Rae Langsdale at rlangsdale@berkshireunitedway.org or 413-442-6948, ext. 35.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Julie Singley
Program Manager, Community Impact

No comments:

Post a Comment