As Development Director, my primary responsibility is to help each person and organization find the best way they can engage with Berkshire United Way and be part of the fabric of helping our neighbors succeed, so we all grow stronger together.
Here are the things I worry about in my new position:
1. You Don't Know Our Mission
To fully engage, first you must fully understand.
Berkshire United Way ignites the collective power of individuals and organizations to build a stronger community together.
What does it mean? We are a human service agency focused on helping Berkshire County residents thrive by promoting early childhood literacy, giving young people the support they need to develop a college or career plan, and helping working families increase their income and assets.
2. You Aren't Sure How Your Contribution Matters
Everyone has a stake in making Berkshire County thrive. Community members from all walks of life with a variety of skills give what they can to Berkshire United Way:
- Business leaders and local employees donate to our annual fundraising goals through workplace campaigns
- Community leaders support our work by getting involved; serving on committees and donating financially to our efforts
- Funded partners, who work with us to improve the lives of our friends and neighbors here in the Berkshires, provide feedback, stories and support for Berkshire United Way
- Volunteers who are retired and give specialized skills; others give back to the community by volunteering their time
The cumulative contributions of each person make up our community efforts. We need each of you, regardless of the size of your contribution, to achieve our mission.
3. You Want to Get More Involved and Don't Know How
Reach out to our team and schedule a time to talk or meet. We love to meet community members and work with you to craft a plan that will engage your soul, your mind and your charitable dollars. Remember, when you give more, you get more. We can help you find the best way to give to Berkshire United Way and make a real difference in our community.
What’s Next? Come Visit. Call me at 413.442.6948 x18 and I’ll come visit you. Join us on our mission to promote pathways for individuals and families to thrive. Together, we build a stronger community in a “United Way.”
I look forward to hearing from you!