Wednesday, October 3, 2018

A driving force in moving our community forward

Hello! My name is Gregory Dieterich and I am a loaned Workplace Campaign Executive here at the Berkshire United Way. Greylock Federal Credit Union and the Berkshire United Way have always had a strong relationship, and this year Greylock donated my time to Berkshire United Way to assist them during their 2018 campaign. I am extremely grateful for this opportunity to serve my community. While I have participated in many fundraising efforts for Berkshire United Way, this role will allow me to reach more people, and ultimately create more support for such an essential organization.



I have been directly impacted by two programs that receive funding from the Berkshire United Way, so it’s always been very easy for me to see the impact that they have on the community. When our daughter was born, Berkshire Nursing Families visited our room almost immediately to assist my wife and me. We had many questions and concerns, and they were there to make sure we were equipped with the information we needed to make nursing successful. Not only were they there after the delivery, they offer routine follow up visits. Without the support of this program, I truly feel we would not have had such an amazing experience.

The second organization we worked with was Childcare of the Berkshires. Among the many things they do, Childcare of the Berkshires hosts play groups for children of all ages. The groups are structured with activities designed to prepare children for the next steps in their lives. When our daughter was 2, I began bringing her to these groups where she learned social skills, and a love for reading through story time. Childcare of the Berkshires also taught me HOW to read to my daughter in a way that would ensure her comprehension of the story. These reading habits have put my daughter in a position to succeed, and I am extremely grateful for that.

The driving force behind me in this campaign is the joy I received from the efforts of these organizations and Berkshire United Way. I look forward to opening the possibilities for stories like mine to occur in other families throughout Berkshire County and invite you to learn more by reading the weekly posts on this blog.

Gregory Dieterich
Workplace Campaign Executive

No comments:

Post a Comment